Witch - You Better Know
The same simplicity, though not in English, goes for next song ‘Musi-O-Tunya’ by Musi-O-Tunya, a song solid in percussion laying, heavy in distortion, and rooted in belting radio-friendly lyrics rooted in liberty. The rhythm changes at a point which gets great when it’s followed by simple but interesting guitar. ‘You better know’ by Witch is the compilation’s third song, and by then something has jumped out – there is much repetition, as if anaesthetic, in these songs, as if to create a state of trance on the dance floor, a rocking funk. Wow! It becomes clear that Zamrock is its own thing, entrancing with electric instrument harmonies, melodies and rhythms, as African drums and other music have for thousands of years.
- Musi O Tunya - Musi O Tunya
- Blackfoot - Running
- Dr. Footswitch - Everyday Has Got a New Dream
- Crissy Zebby Tembo - Born Black Welcome to Zamrock
- Salty Dog - Fast
- Teddy Chisi - Funky Lady
- Crossbones - Rain Sunshine
- Born Free - I Don't Know
- Amanaz - Khala My Friend
- Machine Gunners - Change Namwele
- Kieth Mlevhu - Dzikolino Ni
- Ricky Banda - Who's That Guy?
- Cosmos Zani - Poverty
There are no comments to display.